Saturday, December 12, 2009

...magical moments...



This is my daughter's First Christmas and I'm so excited!!!  I now can see the magic of the season again...through her eyes.  It's a time to relive the wonderful feelings I had of Christmases past as a child and create new ones with our little one.

I was brought to tears the other night when my daughter was being held by her Pappa.  He brought her over to a table to show her their table top Santa and Christmas Tree decoration.  It was lit up with Santa moving about and Christmas tunes were being played...my daughter was in absolute awe...Pappa sat her on the table in front of it; the tree lights reflecting off of her face. My daughter's eyes couldn't get any wider and with her chubby little hand reached out to touch the tree...this picture is forever in my mind.  It reminded me of what is supposed to matter at this time of year and all year long.  It also brought my own memories of my Grampa to mind..I miss him so much and wish he were here to see my little one. 

Taking her to see Santa was something we were so excited about too...he's the guy that kids look up to...the magical man that kids can't wait to see each year.  Because my mom took us each year for Santa visits and photos ('til I was 12!), we can look back through each year and have many laughs with the photos.  I hope that we can share this tradition with our daughter.

I'm sure all new moms and dads get super excited for their baby's first Christmas ~ I know we are!  I had so much fun shopping for her new stocking and her very first Christmas ornament.  I can't wait until Christmas Eve to have her open her Christmas PJ's and settle down for sleep, to wake up and see that Santa has visited.  These moments make me feel exactly how I felt as a kid on Christmas Eve all over again...the magic is back!

No comments:

About Me

I'm about to embark on the most significant chapter of life...becoming a mother. I have always dreamed of this time and have been patient...okay not always...but none-the-less, I am about to be a Mommy in about 9 weeks. I love family and get upset with confrontation...I'm a peace-keeper. I adore the love of my life, Al.

Followers