Friday, June 12, 2009

Happiness and heros...

At 33 weeks pregnant, making it through the work week is getting tougher to do...and so today is Friday and that makes me happy!!! I can try to sleep in tomorrow...which means no alarm clock going off at 5 am for two whole days. I am elated at the thought! Happiness!!! I dug out a keepsake that I've been meaning to get out long before now, but just hadn't. That keepsake is a white baby blanket that my Grampa had given me when I was born. I came home from the hospital in this fringed daisy-embroidered blanket and I want to make sure our baby has the honour to do the same. I know that it would have made my Grampa proud to see his great-grandchild wrapped in something that he gave me at my birth. I had washed and cared for it before packing it away ~ and even though it doesn't need it, I can't wait to wash it in Ivory Snow and make it perfectly ready for our baby. And while on the topic of my Grampa, it seems fitting to mention that my Blog title is in honour of him...'GEM' were his initials and he was always full of stories and lessons that we were inspired by. He was my hero...

No comments:

About Me

I'm about to embark on the most significant chapter of life...becoming a mother. I have always dreamed of this time and have been patient...okay not always...but none-the-less, I am about to be a Mommy in about 9 weeks. I love family and get upset with confrontation...I'm a peace-keeper. I adore the love of my life, Al.

Followers